THE FORKS TRAIL REPORT 2/26/2014
Cold temperatures, firm trails and awesome riding! All 100 miles of The Forks Trail System are in great shape and are being groomed regularly.
- ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARDS GREENVILLE Great riding all the way. There is an active logging operation on the Shirley Road, where we are sharing a 1.5 mile section of plowed road. Watch for trucks.
- ITS 88 FROM ITS 86 INTERSECTION HEADING WEST TOWARD ROCKWOOD Plenty of snow and smooth sailing.
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Boise Road and Divide Road sections are flat and fast. Check out the 3 mile groomed spur trail up to the Moxie Mountain Lookout. Spectacular views of Sugarloaf and the Bigelows!
- CARATUNK SPUR TRAIL Open and groomed.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL Great ride all the way through, from ITS 87 to ITS 86.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL Open and groomed.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL Nice riding. This trail, combined with the Bald Mt Trail and ITS 87, makes a scenic loop around Moxie Mountain.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL Good ride all the way from Northern Outdoors to West Forks.
For day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. The lot is very large, well-plowed and will accommodate large trailers. The entrance to the lot is ¼ mile south of Northern Outdoors. It is marked with a large sign on Route 201. Groomed access to all trails. Trail maps, 91 octane gas, food are available at NO.
Jim Yearwood , Northern Outdoors SC